19 April 2014

 

Home again, home again.....

All safely home again after a good (if rather bumpy) flight home.  At one stage it seemed as though we were still travelling on the Gambian country roads.....
MANY thanks to all the team - what stars you all are.  The impact of what you are all doing continues to 'ripple out' - see below.

Here are some extracts from a few emails that have arrived from various folk we met on our trip:
"I just wanted to thank you so so much from the bottom of my heart for the amazing day I spent with you all and the unbelievable kindness and welcome you showed me.  (We) have never stopped talking about when and how we could return to The Gambia and support what you do further since we got back. The country, its people and Pageant have touched my heart greatly.  I hope you are continuing to have a fantastic time making such an unbelievable difference to people's lives and giving people such hope which is fabulous to see."
copied into email to friends....."I just wanted to email you about a fabulous charity that I have discovered doing great work out here in The Gambia.  Essentially (we) are planning to donate some money to support the projects that they do"
" It was lovely to see you in Gambia albeit very briefly - I really don't know how you manage to do all what you do.. you are a true inspiration!!  As soon as we book our next visit I will let you know....... Please do let me know if there is anything else that I can do in the meantime."

So, the next things will be the annual newsletter, the Pageant summer party in July and then packing stuff up to ship out in the summer (pallets this time, as I don't think funds will allow for a whole container) - I hope to see as many of you as possible during the summer.

Oh, I nearly forgot - the start to every day of our trip was a really good Pageant breakfast....










<< Home